Welcome to the new year, Red Kites!
Below are copies of the work that has been set in your homework book. You have:
- a spelling sheet - you will work on these words in school, but also practise them at home.
- a homework grid - choose a task to complete each week.
- a reading record - complete it each time you finish a book and see how many of the challenges you can complete this year.
- multiplication wheels - you can use these or any other methods that you like to practise your times tables at home each week. Feel free to work with a family member or play a game to help you. Are you up to 3 second recall yet?
- your Mathletics logins have been sent home and you should log on each week to see what work has been set. Feel free to play maths games once you've finished your assigned task.
If for some reason you are unable to come to school, please use these as a basis for your work. Be original and work to the best of your ability. For example, you could:
- write out your spellings in super sentences in your best handwriting.
- review a book from your reading challenge.
- choose a task from the homework grid and take the time to plan, produce, edit and publish to a very high quality.
Keep up the good work, wherever you are!
Mrs Doran, Mrs Dowling and Mr Gale